Useful city information for Osaka:
|Voltage/Frequency||100V/110V, 50/60Hz (depends on prefecture)|
|Currency||Japanese Yen (JPY)|
|GDP per Capita||$36,100|
Osaka Airport travel information:
|City Airport(s)||(Osaka) Kansai International Airport (KIX)|
|Distance from Airport to city||50km (31mls)|
|Approx time/cost by Bus||45mins / JPY 400|
|Approx time/cost by Taxi||30mins / JPY 15,000|
|Approx time/cost by Train||30mins / JPY 1,400|
|Approx time/cost by Underground-Metro||Not available|
Business Etiquette Guidance and Tips
- Punctuality is important. Arrive on time for meetings and expect your Japanese colleagues will do the same.
- Always give a small gift, as a token of your esteem, and present it to the most senior person at the end of the meeting.
- They have a difficult time saying ‘no’, so you must be vigilant at observing their non-verbal communication.
- Business cards are exchanged constantly and with great ceremony.
- Invest in quality cards and keep them in pristine condition.
- It is wise to have one side of your business card translated into Japanese and present the card with the Japanese side facing the recipient.
- Business cards are given and received with two hands and a slight bow.
- During a meeting, place the business cards on the table in front of you in the order people are seated.
6 Day Weather Forecast For Osaka
Public Holidays 2015: