Business etiquette around the world – CHINA
1) Meetings require patience. Mobile phones ring frequently but never ask to turn off the mobile phones as this causes you both to lose face.
2) Punctuality is viewed as a virtue and so don’t arrive late at your meeting.
3) Business cards are essential and would be a sign of courtesy to have your card translated into Chinese.
4) Do not use high-pressure tactics, you might find yourself outmanoeuvred.
5) It is a good idea to bring along small gifts for your hosts (books, pens, ties, or a memento of your company). Wrap them in a colour traditionally regarded as lucky, such as gold or red. It is not customary to open presents in front of the giver, unless encouraged to do so.
To view Business Etiquette tips for other destinations, click the link below:LM2EX World Concierge